Frequently Asked Questions
Director Identification Number (DIN)
Hide all | View all
What is Director Identification Number (DIN)?
- It is an unique identification number (UIN) allotted by Ministry of Corporate Affairs to an individual who is an existing director of a company or intends to be appointed as a director of a company pursuant to section 266A & 266B of the Companies Act, 1956 (as amended vide Act No 23 of 2006).
What is the procedure of obtaining DIN?
The process of obtaining DIN consists of following steps:
- Step I : Obtain provisional DIN.
The applicant is required to fill-up and submit form DIN-1 online for obtaining provisional DIN.
- Step II : Pay Din application fee.
The applicant is required to login to the MCA portal and click on 'Pay Miscellaneous fee' and then make the payment of fee after entering the provisional DIN. Form DIN-1 will be processed only after the DIN application fee is paid.
- Step III : Dispatch of DIN application
- After processing of Form DIN-1, the applicant is required to take a print-out of the same.
- Fill the service Request Number (SRN) of the fee paid.
- Sign the DIN application form manually and paste a good resolution photograph in the space provided.
- Attach the photocopies of the 'Proof of Identity' and the 'Proof of Residence' with DIN application form and tick the relevant checkbox against the document name.
- Get the photograph and the attached supporting documents attested from an approved authority as prescribed in form DIN-1.
- Complete set of documents is required to be sent to MCA DIN Cell at Noida, within 60 days from the date of generation of provisional DIN online.
- Step IV : Processing of DIN application
- MCA DIN Cell will scrutinize the above documents and if found in order, the provisional DIN is approved and activated in the system. If there is any defect in the DIN application, the provisional DIN is rejected.
- DIN approval/ rejection letter is generated and sent by post to the applicant.
- Step V : Intimate approved DIN to your Companies
On approval of DIN, intimate DIN to all the company (ies).
- Step VI : Post-approval changes in particulars of DIN-1
If there is any change in the particulars submitted in form DIN-1, File form DIN-4 for intimating the changes in the particulars within 30 days.
What things should be taken care of while filling form DIN-1?
- No prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc should be used in filling the applicant’s name.
- Enter the applicant’s name and father’s name in full and do not use abbreviations, even if the ID proof contains the name in abbreviated form.
- The particulars filled in form DIN-1 should match with the details given in the supporting documents to be submitted along with DIN application.
What are the documents required to be filed for allotment of DIN?
- DIN Form-I (with provisional DIN generated) along with a high resolution photograph of the applicant and his signatures appended at the appropriate place
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
- Certification of the photograph and the photocopies of proofs by an approved authority
- The particulars of the certifying authority along with his seal must be clearly indicated.
What type of information should an ID proof contain?
- ID proof must be currently valid and issued by the prescribed authorities. It should necessarily contain following information:
- Applicant's name with photograph
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
Important regulatory authorities for
investment in india
Copyright © Company Registration in India